Our company provides innovative e-learning and blended solutions to institutions, corporations, and individuals around the world. Our products are designed for a variety of users, from children to adults and students to professionals.
Currently, we are seeking to fill in the position of Director of Pedagogy with an experienced and senior pedagogical professional.
- Serve as a content specialist and pedagogical expert.
- Design curriculum and develop material for online and blended courses focusing on areas such as EFL/ESL, professional development, and English for Special Purposes.
- Ability to conceptualize, develop and articulate vision for our products and programs.
- Recruiting and training of pedagogical staff, and product management.
- Work collaboratively with programming, design, media, and other teams in the organization to create a well-rounded course.
- Present to and communicate effectively with staff and clients.
- Support sales by providing pedagogical rational to clients.
- Provide teacher and user training to clients.
- Manage competing tasks and deadlines.
- Experience in gamification for learning is an asset
- This role requires travel to countries around the world and ability to adapt to different cultures.
- Might be required to publish white papers or write articles on pedagogical topics.
Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in Education or Language Studies
- At least 10 years experience in the field of Pedagogy and ESL/EFL
- At least 3 years ELearning or instructional design experience
- At least 3 years classroom teaching experience
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Toronto, ON
Required Education: Master's
Under the direction of the COO, the Software Engineering Team Lead will be responsible for the general direction of the company’s technical portfolio. Acting as the technical face of the organization, while working closely with clients, sales teams and account managers, you will keep abreast the corporate technology road map while accounting for new requirements accrued while onboarding new clients. You will manage both in house direct reports as well as off shore service providers in maintaining both legacy solutions and building the company’s future infrastructure and platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interfacing with clients, sales, account managers and other nontechnical staff to elicit new feature requirements
• Define how integrating new requirements will augment and shape the current software portfolio
• Recommend best practice approaches to solving technical challenges
• Provide leadership to your direct reports and keep them on task in delivering on time, and within budget and scope
• Interface with product designers and advise of technical limitation or challenges which may interfere with the product design
• Perform hands on root cause analysis, triage and development in support of maintaining delivery timelines
Required Skills and Experience:
• Post-secondary education in a technical or engineering field. Advanced degree is an asset
• 5 years or more experience in developing web applications. Enterprise web applications experience is a great asset
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage rapidly evolving priorities simultaneously and a proven ability to deliver in a fast paced environment
• Strong problem solving skill and an acumen towards thinking outside the box to provide multiple options for solving complex integration requirements
• Excellent communication and influencing skills, as well as demonstrated tenacity and persistence, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
• Experience leading teams of software developers and QA
• Strong knowledge on database design
• Experience in Grails or Java is an asset
• Nice to have – experience in the edTech industry
• Toronto, ON
• $90,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year